I’m a firm believer in the simple fact your thoughts cause your feelings.
Show of hands, how many of you have heard about the law of attraction? If not, do some digging – a little light reading. I was introduced to it by my mom in December of last year. I read “The Secret” and listened to the audiobook of “The Power.” Both are must reads!
Well, hopefully your Wednesday is off to a great start. Mine was… until about 10:25am. There’s nothing more frustrating than being disrespected. Someone just said a snarky comment that sent me into a tailspin! So, I gathered my things, took an early lunch break at work, headed downtown sat outside and enjoyed an iced coffee.
As the adrenaline and anger inside me just seemed to keep growing, I was looking for something to make me feel better. Boxing classes? Judo? A running partner? Screaming into a pillow? And then I found this…
After seeing this, the anger started to dissolve. Why was I letting this one person control my thoughts and feelings. After all, he who angers you controls you. I’m a positive, free thinker who creates my own thoughts, feelings, and happiness 🙂
You can do the same.
Happy Wednesday! For the past few months I’ve had an on again off again relationship with a couple of free dating websites. Sometimes it’s enjoyable when you find a great catch. But, most times it can be humorous or even downright depressing. Don’t get me wrong. I love sitting on my couch in comfy clothes in search of a great guy to date. But…really? Dude… you’re as old as my parents! Why would I be into you? Did you not see my “criteria” on my page?
Here’s a bit of advice to land a date:
1. A picture speaks a thousand words. Isn’t that the truth. Please don’t take a picture of yourself in the bathroom mirror at home. No half nude pics where you’re trying to show off your abs. It’s creepy. Don’t post one of you and your niece or cousin or baby siblings. Better yet…add pictures with pets to the list. No high school senior photos or pics from when you were sexy. Afterall… you’re never going to bring sexy back.
2. Be yourself! You aren’t applying for a job. I’m not your potential employer. I’m a potential girl you’ll date. Make yourself seem clever and interesting! Who doesn’t love someone with a great sense of humor who’s also witty? Tell me what you like. What do you LOVE to do?
3. Spell check! Check your grammar. Don’t abbreviate stuff. This isn’t a text. Know the difference between your/you’re, its/it’s, there/their… nothing screams I’m a dumby more than that.
4. If you’re on the site for sex… go to the bar and pick up your prey there. Oh wait…you probably are running out of options. That’s why you’re here.
5. Be honest. If you aren’t looking to date or invest time into a relationship…be up front about that. Nothing’s worse than being led on and let down. I can tell you that from experience. If things don’t seem to work or “click” after the first few dates and you don’t want to date him/her anymore, tell them. After all…that’s all you owe them.